Dec 22, 2008

Oscar's Predicament


I don't know about Seoul or Busan, but Ulsan has a crippling shortage of public trash cans. Westerners seriously take take these receptacles for granted. Countless times I've been walking with an apple core, because apples are unbelievably amazing here, and there's nary a basket in sight. This frustrates me to no end, mostly because I'm one of those daft people who believe that littering is bad karma. I figure my luck is shitty enough. I don't need mother nature's malice on my conscience.

So here's what I propose. I think that my time in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, DC - both places well versed in recycling and public sanitation - qualifies me to be Ulsan's trash czar. This will be my escape from the crumbling economic stature of the modern world. People need someone to pick up their trash. I will be the man who trains and designates those someones. If Ulsan was the Detroit of Korea before the Miller-era, it will be the Vancouver of Korea by the time I'm done with it. Do you think Ulsan's trash czar needs to know Korean?

No comments:

Post a Comment