Dec 19, 2008

Mickey Rourke


Mickey Rourke has done some real shit in his career, but it seems to me that he's kept his natural magnetism throughout. Anyone who saw Sin City will tell you that his Marv was absolutely the star of the movie. "City" forced me to travel back and watch some his older work. In doing so, I discovered just why some critics call him one of the great unsung stars of our generation. "Diner", "Rumble Fish", and especially "Pope of Greenwich Village" are superb films that explode only because of Rourke's natural gifts in front of the camera.

"The Wrestler" is widely hailed as Rourke's big return to glory. This preview certainly seems to confirm that assertion. I'm already batshit upset that I'll have to miss its run in theaters, so please, for me, go see this movie and tell me about it! I would love to know if it's actually as completely awesome as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment