Mar 18, 2009

Nope, not in my mouth...


Just below I mentioned that my friend Sam's co-teacher told him that his inhaler prescription was unnecessary. A mask would suffice. These masks (pictured above) are one of the most puzzling, albeit ubiquitous things going on in Korea. Women of all ages where them daily, and without any sense that they convey a Michael Jackson-esque sense of fragility. Literally, you have no idea how bizarre it is to walk pass masked people everyday. It's something you just need to do before you could ever understand. I can't really remember whether men where them or not. I'm sure some men do. But, if I know Korean men, I bet most think that they are strong enough to endure whatever ills the masks protect from.

I won't say too much about them because frankly I don't have much to say. I don't really know why they're so popular. I'd also be willing to assume that any excuse I heard would make about as much sense to me as this http://thesmellofpajamas.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/fan-death/ (sorry, I don't know how to do the cool links yet...)

So please write me if you have any idea why I'm living amongst a race of masked women.

No comments:

Post a Comment