Mar 11, 2009

Just checking the oil?


The 'dooksheen' is perhaps the most disturbing trend amongst my male students. I've posted on this blog about the touchy nature of Korean men, and this one of the extremes. Many of the boy students find it rip roaring hilarious to... oh there are so many ways to say it... "check my oil" "give me a credit card swipe" "mark their page" whatever. Basically my ass is fair game for a finger swipe (over the pants) at any time of the day. And you would think that, ok, outside of the classroom is fine, but never in the classroom. Right? Wrong. They'll keep me in line whenever they want, and they know I'm powerless to my own shame. After all, there's no way I'm going to expose my embarrassment to my co teacher. No way. So I'll let it all go with a laugh... until I see these boys out in the streets when the year is over. Then we'll see how they like the burn of a powerful American wedgie. (I'm only about 70% kidding.)

1 comment:

  1. ...powerless to your own shame. Your own students know you better than yourself. I died laughing reading this.

    ReplyDelete