Jul 14, 2009

Hey remember that... before the recession? Pt. 13


There was no better waste of an hour than VH1's Behind the Music. Times were simple. Life was good.

Sidenote*
While almost all of the BHTM stories were rife with classic characters, there are some moments that vividly stand out in my mind. Thus, we have my short list of BHTM AllStars...

1. Poison's Bobby Dall - For conveying absolute zero sense that he's potentially speaking to millions of people. "He got to f*** the ultimate b****! I don't see what's so wrong with that." - while discussing lead singer Brett Michael's leaked sex tape with a pre-Tommy Lee Pam Anderson.

2. Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx - For his truly patriotic endurance and awareness of limits. "We used to bring our dealers along on tours, and we would do these things called 'power rails' before shows. These were essentially lines of coke that were 2inches x 6 feet long."

3. Cat Stevens - For the most non-secuitur life-changing religious revelation. "I went swimming at my friend's house in Malibu, and there was a terrible riptide. I was out in the ocean for maybe 1 hour. When I came out, I knew that I had to be a Muslim."

No comments:

Post a Comment