Jul 20, 2009

Grouper - Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill


I just spent the last 45 minutes listening to this album, and it was perfect. I'm not saying the album itself was perfect - in actuality it's no better or worse than any of the other airy, blissed-out, dreamscape pop I've heard - but it's role in that 45 minutes was, in fact, perfect. It didn't ask too much of me. It required nothing beyond a mellow disposition, low lighting, a content stomach, and magnificent headphones. Simply put, I'm overjoyed that Grouper and I could meet at that junction in time. I believe it was mutually beneficial.

...


- Though in reality a Grouper has nothing to do with the artist I discuss above, I want to let it be known that I'm pretty pumped about the fish as well. RIP. (How much fun is this guy having?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment