Jul 20, 2009

Bibimbap and me.


As far as I'm concerned, there are few lunch options more perfect than bibimbap. It is a dead-on example of why I'm going to miss Korean food so much: it's healthy, but not aggressively so. There's literally nothing unhealthy in a bowl of bibimbap, but you wouldn't know that from the taste. So often I meet people who feel that they must forego flavor to put good things in their body. Perhaps that's America's problem, because Koreans have a litany of healthy foods at their disposal, and almost all of it f***ing rocks! And this coming from the guy who existed on a diet of pizza, sandwiches, and cereal for the better part of his life. I mean, how cool is it that I'm totally full and satisfied from a serving of rice, veggies, and a fried egg (the least healthy guy at the party)?! The simple beauty of this dish is unassailable. I'll never knock a blt, but come on...

Oh yea, the cost of this delicacy? Somewhere in the ballpark of $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment