Apr 27, 2009

Bear in a Bucket


I have the good fortune of being friends with a pair of beautiful, charming Korean women, and we have a tradition where they take me to a 'very' Korean restaurant during weekends. I say 'very' Korean because it's important to me that we hit up places most foreigners would be too intimidated to try. Not only do I get a kick from the exclusivity of the affair, but the food is usually orgasmic as well.

Last Sunday's adventure was no different. We headed about 35 minutes outside of the city and ended up at a very peculiar place. It was essentially 1/2 restaurant and 1/2 'historical village'. The servers dressed in their actual clothes, but the whole thing had a very theme-y vibe. Duck was the name of the game, but not just any duck, this restaurant made its reputation by putting tender slices of roasted duck inside a cooked pumpkin. Doesn't sound appetizing? It absolutely was. But the food ended up being half the fun.

Afterwards we discovered a greenhouse and somebody let me know I could buy a scented candle there. Don't ask me why I was in the market for one, I was, so I headed over. While perusing the isles of greenery I discovered the true trump card of the afternoon: two baby bears in a large bucket. BEARS! Somehow this greenhouse/insense/candle shop had arranged to display two baby bears during shopping hours. So naturally a crowd gathered, pictures got snapped, and people even held the bears like babies. While I found the display a little sad, I couldn't help but take a shot coddling a bear. I mean, who do you know who has coddled a bear? At one point I even let a bear teethe on my finger. My finger was in a bear's mouth. Yes! What did you do Sunday night?

No comments:

Post a Comment