Feb 10, 2009

Raw Idiot


Last week I joined an online blog/social network called Twitter which allows you to post 140 characters or less about what you're doing/thinking/eating/etc... What sets Twitter apart from other similar sites is that celebrities have embraced it. I suppose it allows them to be appropriately vague, while indulging both their fans and their narcissism at the same time. I'm a part of it all so I can't really criticize. In fact, I love following these people. While some of them - especially DipLo, ?uestlove, and Shaq - have great things to say, some expose themselves as bigger fools than I would have otherwise thought. Case in point: Brooke Hogan.

I discovered her "Tweets" today, and since I had nothing to do, I decided I would go a little further back in her history with the hope that I would discover something juicy. Sure enough I found a gem. One of her posts read as follows...

"What is the deal with this Israel/Palestine thing everyone is talking about?"

What the fuck! Listen, I get that she's wealthy, famous, and probably insulated from the daily trials of average Americans. I wouldn't even be surprised if she didn't know who Joe Biden was. However, I find this particular oversight completely outrageous. Not everyone needs to know the particulars, but come on! We should all at least know that there is a hostility in the region. Furthermore, we should all know basically why that hostility exists. That's something you could even explain to a 2nd grader. Here is how I would do that...

2nd Grader: Brad, why are those people on the news angry?
Me: Well, they both believe very different things.
2G: What do they believe?
Me: Not important. But, what you need to know is that some of them lived in one place, and then the other group moved there, and they are having trouble sharing.

I personally believe this would suffice as a bare bones explanation. But I could be wrong.

I wonder if Brooke Hogan could work this out? It's ok, after all she lives in Florida. We all know there aren't many Jews there.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything about "Twitter" but this girl's jeans are amazing!

    ReplyDelete