Feb 10, 2009

The dilemma as it stands.

This week is a big one for us native teachers in Ulsan. The Ministry of Education served us all with contract renewals, and they basically want us to make that call asap.

These are the two scenarios I see in front of me. One; stay here, wait out the disastrous American economy, keep living the good life, and assume that things will be a "bit" better in 2010. Two; leave, realize that the economy will be shitty for a decade, go home to a decent amount of forced unemployment, but, get a year head start on a career in contrast to option 1.

I don't technically have to decide until July 31, but right now I'm leaning towards option 2. What would you do world? Remember, I was here when the bottom fell out. I don't actually know how bad it is. The world is my oyster... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment