Feb 17, 2009

Addendum

My friend just put me in my place in a big way. Just like any spoiled child, I hate being put in my place. So I want to clarify a few things about my post below. Let me be clear: I am not in any way above fast food. I don't think I eat fast food regularly, but I certainly wouldn't count it out if I had a burger on the brain. But, I am one of those Americans who is at peace with my American-ness. I like greasy food, I like beer, I like being loud, and I like being the center of attention. These are all American stereotypes that I - for better or worse - exemplify.

That said, I think it's unfortunate that the world seems to want our criminally unhealthy trash food. I wish that Korea didn't give me the opportunity to have McDonald's, because I'm not disciplined enough to keep it out of my hands. Furthermore, I would hate to see Koreans - a people whose food is delicious and quite healthy - blindly consume the greasy filth that most Americans, myself included, eat on a weekly basis.

Damn him for being right, and damn me for hitting up three American chain restaurants in a 4-day period. It weighs heavy on my... conscience.

1 comment:

  1. At least your blog has a content warning. I saw randy drive 15 cheeseburgers into that thing in a single setting.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=studPz7t8OU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete