Jan 22, 2009

Teetering on the edge of Ilbon.

I will be in Tokyo in less than 24 hours and I can't quantify how excited I am. It's been a solid, work-filled, three months since I bought my ticket. Korea has actually presented me with a number of instances in which I have to wait long stretches of time with one thing on the brain. Tokyo, for example, lingered in my mind every day of those months, much in the same way that my father's visit consumed me for some time prior, and also in the same way I think about returning to the US almost everyday. The latter example, of course, is the mother load of my long term pondering. Just imagine thinking about one thing everyday for a whole year. It's a heady thought.

Anyway, I will return to work not long after I finish Tokyo, so, in a sense, this vacation signals the end of my "winter vacation." I en quote the previous phrase because I actually worked 4 out of the 5 weeks off we had, though I'm not complaining... sort of. Completing Tokyo very much feels to me as if it's the half way point of my trip. In thinking so, I'm forced to look back upon some of the things I've accomplished in the last 5.5 months. It's been absolutely amazing. I'll wait until the actual 1/2 way point to list my experiences, but in their absence, let me just say how proud I am that I made this decision for myself. I'm not usually one to boast, but as far as grown up, big boy decisions, I can at least say that I'm 1 for 1. Thanks Korea, and here's to a joyous 6.5 months ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment