Jan 2, 2009

Delivery culture.


Koreans have mastered the art of food delivery. You can order ANYTHING to deliver in this wild country. Of course I don't because I haven't the foggiest about what to say, but I think that's a good thing at the end of the day. God knows I would be morbidly obese if I unlocked the treasure trove of Korean delivery.

Three things distinguish Korea's food transpo system from that in the USandA. First, every delivery man, without fail, drives a scooter or motorcycle. No question. Second, most scooters have these ingenious hand mitts attached to the handle bars come winter. Trust me, you've never seen anything more practical in your life (above). Last, and most fascinating, delivered Korean food comes with real plates, bowls, and utensils, which the deliverymen will return to pick up at an undetermined time after your order. You read right. So basically you order the food, devour it, then place all the dirty dishes outside your door for some minion to collect. The food will be gone by the next time you depart.

Oh the things we learn out in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment