Jan 4, 2009

Koreans work harder than you pt. 3


Everyday I walk by a Korean pizza joint called Hansang Pizza. Today I found out that it actually belongs to the parents of one of my favorite students. Not only that, but this lovely young lady explained that her family also lives above the restaurant in the same building. How mom and pop, I thought. What would that be like? I asked her as much as I could within the bounds of her English. Later, I was shocked to find out that she, at 14, began actively working in the store at 7! She told me that she made her first pie at 7, and collected her first transaction at the tender age of 12. Who learns to work a cash register at 12? I'm ashamed to say I've not yet had Hansang pizza. That will have to change very soon. Perhaps tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment